Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

When I made this recipe for the first time, I thought that it must need liquid added before baking, so I did. I like the results but I've double checked the original recipe from Candace and indeed there is no additional liquid. I like the mistake.

Soak overnight:

3 C. Oatmeal
1 1/2 C. Yogurt
1/2 C. water

Next morning, stir together:

1/2 C. melted butter
2 eggs
1/2 C. Sucanat or organic sugar, possibly maple syrup, or nothing if you like savory.

Add:

1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
1 t.Soda
1 t. Salt
1/2 C. Raisins
4 1/2 C. Milk-(this was not in the original recipe)


8" by 13" glass pan
350 degrees
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I tried the Baked Oatmeal recipe this morning, and I loved it! I used just 2 cups of milk, and it worked fine. Also I added a few dried blueberries.

    I think next time I will use only 1/2 the recipe, and try adding some other fruits, like craisins and apples. Also, I may add a few chopped nuts.

    Ru7205

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know this works with 2 cups of milk. I'm sure the fruits you mention will make it wonderful. I've had rave reviews from this dish and recommend freezing your extra in little squares for reheating in the convection oven. You can take a frozen square out at night and put it in a little casserole dish in the oven to thaw and simply heat up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete