Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scalloped Vegetables

Here is the recipe that I jotted down for scalloped potatoes. I liked the simplicity of the white sauce with cheese poured over the vegetables.  I made the potatoes for Christmas but found out then that 1 hour was not enough to fully cook it.  I now think that it should be baked 1 hour and 10 minutes and be covered for the first 40 minutes.


Original recipe




4 C. potatoes sliced
3 T Butter
3 T Flour
1 1/2 C. Milk
1 t. Salt
Cayenne to taste

1 C. Sharp Cheddar stirred into sauce
1/2 C. Cheddar for the top

Make a roux, add the cheese and pour over
 4 Cups of vegetables.


4 Cups sliced carrots, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes,
kale, onions, and Swiss chard.  Very vitamin dense.




Pouring the sauce onto the raw vegetables.  I used chicken
and tomato broth combined instead of milk.









Ready to bake covered for 40 minutes and uncovered for 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment