Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Potato Salad

I used my crock pot to cook the potatoes in my hot kitchen. I find the crock pot to add less heat to my surroundings during the summer, plus to can use it anywhere.

Wash potatoes and dry
Place in the crock pot but don't add water. I actually cooked red beets at the same time with no blending of flavors or color.

Roast them using medium heat for 4 hours.

Open the lid and let them cool. I was able to peel them easily the next day. This salad is best if you don't refrigerate the potatoes. Toss in:

Raw vinegar
Dijon Mustard
Olive Oil-extra virgin
Salt
Pepper-white
Tarragon leaves

After this salad is refrigerated, I think the potato starch is changed slightly and they are not at their best, so I often fry the potatoes for a side dish. They get nice and crispy. This is a good salad for a picnic since it does not need refrigeration for safety. There is no mayonnaise in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment