Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk

I've been enjoying using my new "stick" blender to puree soups right in the cooking pot. I have a Cuisinart Smart Stick and it does a great job. You are supposed to blend for only 55 seconds but that's enough time to get the job done.

Saute diced onions in butter or coconut oil.

Peel and cube pumpkin and add to pan.

Add one can of regular coconut milk and cook until soft. If you need more liquid, add chicken broth.

Add salt and pepper and then blend.

This is delicious and fast and most of all very fun to make. I served with croutons made from stale (not rancid) bread that I had tossed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and salt, then toasted in the oven. I like to drop the croutons on the soup while they're hot because they sizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment